Monday, January 29, 2007

This is Just PLAIN AWESOME !!!

When I was growing up in Stratford my mom had worked in the Samsonite factory up the street when they were still the sole licensee for LEGO ... as a result our house was awash in thousands of the ubiquitous plastic blocks. My brother and I over the years build countless houses and buildings in our many cities, he built a Saturn V rocket, I built a moon base, and we build dozens of other models and other creations ...

But today when I found the following pictures at Damn Cool Pics, I was awe struck.

This aircraft carrier is simply amazing ...





This model of the USS Harry S. Truman has over 200 000 individual blocks and is 16.4 feet long. It has working elevators, electric lights and a motorized catapult ... I can't say I managed to do anything quite like this - but I would love to try ...

For EVEN more pictures click on Brickshelf Gallery.

No comments: