Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sandwiches are Beautiful - NOT !!

I'm NOT a morning person. Even under ideal circumstances, I don't like mornings ... I would rather lounge in bed and get up late to a fresh pot of coffee ... but in our house that seldom happens ...

There are three children to get out the door for school ... and with the number of chores that need doing in the morning, lounging in bed till noon is simply not an option ...

Now, I don't mind doing a couple of loads of laundry as we have breakfast and wait for the pot of coffee to brew ... BUT ... I HATE, absolutely despise, having to make sandwiches for lunches ... I love my children, and I enjoy them ... but I HATE making their lunches every morning. I was delighted when the school opened a canteen with soup, sandwiches and lunch specials ... but the days when it is chili, or potato soup, or some other obscure dietary choice, I'm left hauling my butt out of bed and forced to make sandwiches for my crew ...

Doesn't help my disposition, and doesn't help to change my opinions of mornings ...

Childrens' entertainer Fred Penner may sing "Sandwiches are beautiful ..." but in the morning it is a view I simply do not share ...

1 comment:

Etymologica said...

Do what we do: make sandwiches the night before.