Friday, January 19, 2007

One Year Old Today !!


One year ago today Prairie Preacher was born ... it took awhile, but eventually it found its niche and its pace and it claimed its own voice ...
Now, looking back, it has been 365 days, 475 posts, and two sister Blogs that have chronicled, celebrated and lamented the life in a small rural town tucked in a valley on the Canadian Prairie ...
It has been quite a year ... not least of which was the horrid Church fire that claimed Minnedosa's 105 year old sanctuary, then as the year ended amidt the trip east to Ontario by myself, Noahkila, Ms H and Beetle, I wept at the closing of the Sanctuary and home of my home congregation at Centennial United Church ... my life has been filled with ups and downs ... and through it all, even some of the darkest points in my life, I have found solace and shalom in writing about it here ...
Prairie Preacher is not the sum total of my life. Prairie Preacher is merely the expression of my thoughts in the moment as I pause to look backwards and to look forwards ... It is a place of ideas, words and dare I say, dreams ...
Prairie Preacher today turns one ... and looking back it has been quite a year ... thanks for hanging in, and thanks for being part of the journey ... it's been quite the ride ... and in many ways, it has only just begun !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the enlightenment, the knowledge, the laughter, the joy and tears this past year. Keep on blogging, it is a welcome and sometimes much needed break to come here in the chaos that is sometimes life. Keep smilin'