Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Miss The Clothes Line ...

Today the sun is shining, the sky is a brilliant blue. Inside the smell of fresh baked bread has permeated the entire house; a loaf is about to be done and ready to cool. I've just put the second load of laundry in the washing machine, the drier is working on the first load ... and I'm sitting wistfully wishing that I could put the laundry on the line, instead of in the dryer ...

I miss putting laundry on the line ... it's something I kind of enjoy, and when the laundry comes in, it smells wonderful and feels so fresh and clean ... but on a day like today, to hang the laundry on the line would result only in board like clothes that may smell fresh and clean, but would be frozen solid ... Oh well, spring is only a few short months away, and I'll again be able to hang laundry on the line ... I can hardly wait ...

No comments: