Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Good Diversion ...

Nobody said it was a "Great" film. And I doubt very much if it will go down in history as one of Samuel L. Jackson's best films (though it may have his single most memorable line!!).

But dammit, Snakes on a Plane was nothing but entertaining from start to finish. I can't gush nor rave about why you should watch it on DVD. I can only say - "I'm glad I watched AFTER my plane flight to Ontario and back ..." otherwise you wouldn't have gotten me on the plane for love nor money ...

It's not a great film. Heck, it would be a stretch to say it's a "good" film. But it was a freakishly fun way to spend an hour and a half on a day off ... and sometimes that's all we need - just some time to have fun.

To be fair - there are certain actors I enjoy watching in movies (both male and female). I will rent or see whatever movie they are in, even if it is complete crap - because sometimes in the really bad movies, actors like Samuel L. Jackson shine even more brightly, and come close to redeeming a film (or atleast that's what I've convinced myself) ... Jackson made this movie ... he held it together and kept it moving ...

.

No comments: