Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Gift of Laughter ...

One of my favourite hymns of all was written by Walter Farquharson (pictured above). The hymn "Give to Us Laughter" is a reminder that life is a joy, and that within life we must leave room to laugh. Not a superficial or frivilous laugh, but a laugh that arises from the holy place within our soul that reminds us that even in the darkest moment, we are not alone in this cosmos. Such a laughter reminds us that life is a holy gift, and that it should be lived and celebrated as a joy with laughter.

When my time comes on this earth and those who remember me gather to say their farewells, I hope they say that I made a difference, and I hope they sing this hymn with some gusto. It's an important hymn to me ... it speaks to me when I feel down, and reminds me that laughter is truly a gift from God ...






No comments: