Monday, December 18, 2006

Things to make you say Hmmm ...


Tonight I came into the living room to find Beetle sitting on the couch flipping through the phone book one page at a time ...

"What are you doing?" asked I.

"Looking for the FLOWER in the phone book," said Beetle without looking up, her fingers still flipping through the phone book.

"Flower?" I asked.

"That's what I said," she replied still not looking up. (When did our 7 year old become so sarcastic?)

I then made an erroneous assumption ... I assumed she was looking for someone with the last name of F-L-O-W-E-R ... You know what Benny Hill used to say about what happens when we assume ... "You make an ASS out of U and ME !!??"

A moment later, Beetle proudly said - "A Ha !!" and lifted a very dry, very flat purple flower out of the phone book, "I found it !!" She said proudly ...

... "Damned," thought I, "I never thought she was looking for a REAL flower ..."

No comments: