Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Letter to Prime Minister Harper ...


Dear Prime Minister Harper:

I'm a bit of a news hound and lately I've been noticing a troubling trend developing in and around the Ottawa area.

It seems that in Ottawa you have a lot of people working for the people of Canada. They have good paying jobs with lots of responsibilities and require some level of competency. It also seems that many of those positions require political connections in order to secure and maintain employment in said position.

Mr Harper, while I, like most Canadians lack the political connections to get consideration for those positions, I would like to offer myself for your future consideration when vacancies arise. I would require less salary than most of those positions currently offer. I am open to negotiation, but please rest assure that we would be able to find middle ground wherein I would be happy with the salary package, you would be happy with the savings, and the tax payer would be happy because you have lessened the burden on his tax dollar.

Mr Harper I know the value of a nickel. And I know how hard our farmers, factory workers and other members of the middle class have worked for their income. It is important to me that that money not be wasted, but be used in a suitable manner reflecting the trust people place in their employees.

Mr Harper, I also bring a level of capability and competence, as well as a willingness to learn and adapt that would allow me to take on the responsibilities for any number of jobs.

For example, in contrast to Mr Zaccardelli, who is currently having some memory and recall problems, I am able to remember even the most trivial of details, and seldom confuse time lines in regards to important happenings.

Or as another example, I would like to assure you, that if I was hired to work on behalf of the Government, I would neither abuse my spending accounts, nor my travel or office expenses. I would offer this in contrast to the recent controversy surrounding Mr Stewart who so lavishly spent during his tenure with the Government. Please rest assured Mr. Harper that if I was working for the Government of Canada such overspending would simply not happen in my office.

Mr Harper I could go on, but I feel you understand where I'm coming from. I amd a hard worker, a loyal employee and someone who enjoys a challenge. If you considered me for a vacancy in the Civil Service I would be a dedicated employee, and most importantly, I can assure you that you would realize a very real savings of our taxpayers' hard earned money. As a Conservative leader who wants to relieve the tax burden on the Middle Class of this nation, I would urge you to consider hiring me, and others like me who would be hard workers and responsible and very capable employees.

Did I mention I would be willing to relocate if necessary?

Well Mr Harper, my CV can be forwarded on request and I would gladly supply you with a list of references. I'm available for employment with appropriate notification to my current employers. Or if you would like to talk about this some time, stop by Minnedosa and I'll treat you to coffee at Chipperfields.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Shawn Ankenmann

No comments: