Sunday, December 17, 2006

Favourite Film ...

On June 30th over on the Blog At The Half Note, Katie posted the folowing about The movie "The 40 Year Old Virgin": "I won't justify it, I won't apologize for it, I won't excuse it. I loved this movie."

I have to add a hearty "hear hear" to her comment. Last night we watched the movie on DVD following our return from the movies in Brandon.

The 40 Year Old Virgin is an amazing movie ... it is tasteless, funny, brilliant and I would even dare to say - poignant. Like Katie - I won't justify it. I won't apologize for it. I won't excuse it. I will just agree - I loved it too. It was wickedly funny ... The hair waxing scene alone was worth the rental ... Simply Brilliant !!

2 comments:

Katie Bowen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie Bowen said...

I advised my 78-year-old mother NOT to see this film, and of course that made her want to see it even more. (I confess, I take after her that way.)

Turns out she loved it, and one of the words she used to describe it was "Sweet."

It's probably the only movie I’ve ever seen that is vulgar, sexually explicate, juvenile and crass, as well as extremely well written, (and sometimes improvised,) brilliant and yes, poignant.