Saturday, December 23, 2006

Another Christmas Secret ...

I'm not ashamed to say it -

I LOVE CHRISTMAS CAKE !!!

I Adore it ... At this time of year I could subsist on coffee, egg nog, sherry, butter and mince tarts and CHRISTMAS CAKE. Even if I gained 300 lbs doing it - I would be happy ...

I love Christmas baking, especially Christmas Cake - store bought, home-made, light, dark - with royal icing, without ... bring it on !!! I love a slice of Christmas Cake, and if it has been aged with a healthy dram of whiskey, rum or brandy - so much the better.

In many ways I dread the arrival of the Christmas Season. But the one thing I DO look forward to is the gift of Christmas Cake ... no re-gifting in this house ... I savour every bite, even though in the spring I'll have to spend extra time on my bike ... Oh well, it's the burden we must bear ... but one I bear willingly.

2 comments:

Katie Bowen said...

Back in summer and fall you talked about travel, nature, and yes, much about mountain biking. But these days I see an alarming trend here at "PP." It seems that every time I visit I hear about Christmas cake, bagels, scones and date squares. Don't get me wrong Rev., all of these things sound just lovely, but I think you'd better get yourself a hobby... or keep on eating and purchase a gym membership long before spring.

Katie Bowen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.