Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You know it's cold when ...


It was perhaps a combination of trading in our old Aerostar van, and the snow in the days leading up to Hallowe'en that had me waxing poetically about Prairie weather moments we've experienced ...

The one that stands out was a couple of years ago when I took the Aerostar to work. I left it idling on the road in front of the church. The air temp was in the minus40's verging on minus 50 ...

I came out, got into the van and when I put the van in drive the gear shift lever snapped off in my hand ...

HOW COLD DOES IT HAVE TO BE TO BREAK OFF THE GEAR SHIFT ON A CAR????

I was given a great - Prairie Cold story: You know it's cold when the gear shift breaks off ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I am not much of a blog checker nor email writer these busy baby days..so apologies for not saying HAPPY BDAY yesterday! Blessings of Light, Peace and Joy in the year ahead. And when days are too cold and prairie-like just remember...REX THE DOG HAS NO LEGS! (And how the hell is he really protecting Tantur from Israeli and Palestinian militants anyway!) We were so cool to be apart of that experience eh!
I laughed at the Vincent Pryce and Friends TV show mention below! I watched that growing up too! And didn't know it was a Hamilton CHCH thang! Wacky! Did you know where Vincent's casa was in Dundas? It is on Melbourne Street...and very scary..kidding! Send love to Wonderful Maggie and les enfants!