Sunday, November 19, 2006

Taking the Plunge ...

Today at Worship, I broached the issue of the Emerging Spirit/Wonder Cafe ad campaign that has captured the attention of the media across our country ...

I'm proud of the United Church. I always have been. I'm also a guy who has a little plastic Jesus complete with silent glide wheels sitting on his desk ... I'm about as irreverent as you can get ...

BUT, today I'm proud of the United Church for having the courage and the boldness to try something different. I may not agree with everything found at Wonder Cafe (click on the title of this entry to visit the site) and the ads may not all be to my liking - BUT, they are getting people talking. And like one member of my congregation said quietly on the way out - "if it gets even one person interested in our congregation, it's worthwhile !!"

To that I say - "AMEN !!"

So, today - hop over to the Minnedosa United Blog ( http://minnedosaunited.blogspot.com/) and give my sermon a read, then head over to Wonder Cafe and check out EZ-Answer Squirrel and all the ads, and the conversation and let me know what you think ...

For me, this is ALL about the conversation and dialogue about things spiritual ... and inviting people to realize what an incredible place the United Church of Canada really is ...

Peace,

No comments: