Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Slip Sliding Away ...



We were on our way to the Co-op Convenience Store on Saturday night when suddenly my feet when out from under me one the ice ... I went down with a helluva "WHUMP" ... fortunately I landed on my side, not my head, and it would appear I didn't break anything ...

But three days later, I'm still nursing a sore side ... I have to move gingerly at times ... getting up and down in chairs can be more difficult than expected ... and everything aches ... but what hurts most of all is my pride ... my loving children have seen to that:

When I fell they laughed - I would expect nothing less - but when it became apparent I was in pain they grew concerned (within reason) - Noahkila asked where my phone was ... "Why I replied?" still lying on the ice getting my breath and my bearings ...

"In case we need to phone for help ..."

"We don't need to phone for help," I replied starting to sit up, "It's' okay ..." My son, my beloved eldest child then gave his hand away:

"Oh don't worry Dad," he said with a smirk, "I'll take your picture on the ice AFTER we call for help ..."

NICE !!! And I wonder why his littlest sister comes up and pokes me on my sore side periodically and asks "Does that hurt?" with a devilish grin ...

For the record - I'm recovering slowly ... it's still sore ... but I got off lucky ...

Such are the perils of winter in Manitoba !!

No comments: