Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I kinda miss that car ...


It was a 1974 metallic green, two door, sports back, blue slant six, Plymouth Duster ... I bought it from the original owner ... He was a friend of the family, who bought it brand new in 1973 and drove it for a whooping 26 000 MILES over the 12 years he owned it ... I drove it for 8 more years before selling it and buying the Aerostar that a few weeks ago passed from our lives ...

I went many places in my Duster ... I really liked that car ... it even carried me from Kingston Ontario to Port Hardy British Columbia ... somewhere I have pictures of it at EACH provincial boundary ... I was told by my fellow residents in Harkness Hall at Queens' University that it wouldn't make it out of Ontario ... I did and then some ...

I'm reading a book tonight wherein one of the characters is driving a midnight blue Plymouth Duster ... Got me thinking ...

I DO miss that car ... it was a classic ...

No comments: