Saturday, November 04, 2006

Beware of 12 year old bearing riddles ...

Last night after supper, I was sitting at the table with my feet up on the chair next to me. Noahkila came in and perched on my feet and we were chatting:

Noahkila: Dad, do you know who Mary Horse married?

Dad: No. Who?

Noahkila: CHARLIE HORSE. (as he spoke his fist came down HARD on my right thigh!!!, and he simultaneously launched himself off the chair and charged up the stairs to barricade himself in his room ...)

Dad: S-- of-a ... !!!!!!!!!!

The one advantage of being a parent is having learned patience ... as they say Revenge is best served cold ... I can and I will wait to get the little rat back ... and that may be the best revenge of all ...

For the record - the Charlie Horse he inflicted on me passed quickly, and without a bruise. But I WILL be more wary of his jokes and riddles after this ... although it was pretty funny, albeit with a painful punch line ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll have to remember that and tell that to my brother...though, I think it'll be best to wait until after the cross country season is over.