Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow ... Snow ... Snow ... then Sunny Stratford - NOT!!

I wish I could say that my drive today was lovely and sunny all day ... it started out that way, but south of Sudbury, the weather turned and it snowed - HARD, for about an hour ... then it was sunny and blustery for awhile ... then as I went west past Wasaga Beach and began to climb the Escarpment it started to snow ...

At times it was like a blizzard ... at one point, just south of Milverton (good luck finding Milverton on a map) it was a full blown blizzard condition with blowing wind, driving snow and absolutely zero visibility ... I laughed as I drove ... It reminded me of our graduating year from High School when three of us were storm stayed in Milverton following a RUSH concert in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens ... I started to wonder if that was about to happen again ...

Fortunately, it didn't and I was able to make my way - slowly - to Stratford and arrived this afternoon only to have a mixed bag of sun, snow, rain and more sun ... it was a wild and whacky weather day ... It was strange ... but I arrived, and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: