Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving ...


Thanksgiving has started in our house in a lazy, day off kind of way ... I was planning on heading east this morning ... but life has intervened. I'll head to Ontario tomorrow morning instead ...

But today started with Noahkila bringing me breakfast in bed ... he had bounced out of his bed excited by the prospect of baking fresh sourdough crescent rolls (they looked kind of like the pic to the left). They were delicious ... I complimented him, and am proud that he seems to have the touch for baking that I inherited from my Grandma ... Good Work my boy !!!

So, the day has started off in a very thankful kind of way ... what better way then to have one of your children bring you breakfast in bed?

The rest of the day is going to be busy with the piddly little chores that have stacked up on me in recent days ... and getting ready for a two day road trip to Southern Ontario ... But, the sun is shining, the grass is frosty and the sky is vivid blue - it's a good day.

I'm about to post my Thanksgiving message at the Minnedosa United Blog (see the links to the right) and I would invite you to bounce over there and check it out ... I says much of what I'm feeling today ...

So Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends ... and Happy Columbus Day to my American Friends, or as Katie says in her blog (see the links) - Happy Day of Indian (First Nations') Resistance !!!

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are ...

1 comment: