Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oops ... Yesterday was NOT a good day ...


Yesterday was a day of Oops ... moments ...
It started when I went to the Post Office, and the woman behind the counter asked me about the mail box for a community group I'm involved in ...

I said "I can't find the key, but when I do I'll come and get the mail ..."

"Oh," she said, "the keys are IN the box ..." She then went and got me the keys and the mail ... much to the delight of a couple of people waiting to deal with their mail ... I said - "the only thing worse then being a doofus, is being a doofus with people watching ..."

Then later on in the day (a day that was otherwise okay) I came back from a late night bike ride home from a meeting and a stop in the office, only to find a couple of hours later that my cel phone was missing ... I searched all over the house to no avail. So then I decided to set off for the Office and see if I left it there ...

I came out the drive way (about two hours after I got home) and found my cel phone still lying in the middle of the road at the end of the block ... I guess there is a couple of good things about living in a small town: no traffic to drive over it and no one out walking to just pick it up and take it ... The other bonus is - it's still works ...

I'm hopeful today will be a better day ...

No comments: