Saturday, September 09, 2006

One of my dislikes ...


Can ANYONE explain to me what the point is of
DEMOLITION DERBIES ????

They were fun when I was 8 ... but the thought of grown men wasting enormous amounts of time and energy and not to mention money - preparing cars for such events is simply baffling ...

WHY ???

I just don't get it ... Is it me ?? Or are there NOT better things to do then drive around and plow into each other in pursuit of a trophy you could get at a second hand junk store for 3 bucks anyway?? Don't we have enough violence and crashing in our world to have to recreate it as a form of entertainment (I use THAT term loosely)???

Couldn't the people who do, watch and support Demolition Derby find other pursuits that are slightly less pointless ???

Oh, while I'm dreaming, I guess I should think about world peace ... Maybe one day ...

No comments: