Thursday, August 31, 2006

Do you see a connection?????


This morning Ms H (my middle child) was trying to get a set of triplet dolls her grandmother gave her years ago working ... we put in new batteries and tried to get them working ...

Still the two little girl and one little boy doll remained silent ...

Maybe the batteries are already dead - that happens in our house alot ... so in went new batteries ... still only silence ...

"Hmm," says Dad, "they don't seem to be working ..."

"Really?" asks Ms H disappointed.

"Really," answers dad, "I think it's more then dead batteries ... I think they're broken ..."

"Too bad," says Ms H smiling and laughing slightly, "I've always liked playing with them. When I was little I liked stomping on them to make the cry ..."

"You stomped on them?" asked Dad, slightly shocked.

"Yeah," says Ms H, with a broad smile, "It was fun ..."

"Do you think the stomping has anything to do with them being broken?" asked Dad.

"I dunno ..."

Oh, the life of our middle child ...

No comments: