Monday, May 29, 2006

Is anybody out there ????

There have been moments lately when I've thought about wrapping up this Blog site and it's sister site - "minnedosa united" and shutting them down. I've wondered if anyone is really reading these entries, and whether anyone really cares ...

Then this weekend, on the floor of the AGM for the Conference of Manitoba and North Western Ontario of this United Church of ours, I learned that my musings and rantings are being read. Many, many people came up to me and thanked me for the updates on our Congregational experiences since the fire, many many people have come up and expressed and appreciation of my thoughts and my writings here and at the sister site ... It was humbling and more then a little awesome ... There really are people out there in cyber space who have been reading my blogs - WOW !!!

Today I have a huge mix of thoughts and musings that I would like to put here - but I need to order my thoughts a bit ... the weekend at Conference was inspiring. I spent more time at my table group this weekend then I think I have cumulatively in my career in ministry. It was an inspiring group of people - diverse in location, age and background. Good questions were raised - good dialogue followed (our facilitator did a FINE job !!!). It was a good place to be and to learn, listen and laugh ... isn't that the point of table groups??? Listening to one another, learning from the life experiences we bring to the table and being able to laugh in the fullness of life ???

I have some notes on potential "blog entries" that came to me over the course of the weekend ... (when the thought came, I took out my pen and wrote on paper - the laptop stayed home for a break for both of us ...) ... over the coming days I will offer my thoughts and reflections on some of the conversations that came both on the floor and outside this weekend ... I went to Conference with trepidation and I have come home recharged and encouraged.

The many comments of support. The hugs, the hand shakes, the smiles from people who expressed their horror at the fire we've experienced here in Minnedosa, and who in turn offered their love and support has been inspiring to say the VERY least ... and hearing Lynette Miller and Linda Murray offer their reflections on their ministry as they prepare to enter the new potential of retirement reminded me and inspired me of what ministry is about (they were awesome).

So, today I'm tired ... but I'm excited ... before me lie three months of sabbatical and reflection ... and a call to ministry ... Today is a very good day ...

thanks to all for listening - thanks to all for the support and encouragement ...

peace and joy to you all,

No comments: