Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's still hard ...


I have had this picture in my document file for a week or so ... I haven't been able to use it in the Church blog ... It is a powerful image of what we watched over a couple of hours on an early Sunday morning ...

I still find myself coming up short when I'm on Main St here in town ... the vacant lot is hard to see ... I still expect to see the majestic white church that stood there for 105 years ...

105 years ... 5460 weeks ... 38351 days ... How many marriages?? How many baptisms?? How many funerals?? How many socials?? How many showers?? How many concerts?? How many Sunday School classes?? How many Nusery school classes?? How many cubs, guides, scouts and brownie meetings?? How many choir practises?? How many worship services ?? ... The list of losses goes on and on and on ...

There has been over 331 352 640 seconds passed in the building ... 331 million seconds, each one represents a memory held by people who have called the building thier home, physically, socially, and spiritually ... It's a grand legacy ... one that ended in a few short hours on a icy cold February morning ...

Too bad we couldn't have a dollar for each of the seconds and memories that were held in the Old Church Building on Main St ... we could replace her in fine style ...

dayenu,

No comments: