Monday, January 23, 2006

The most depressing day of the year ???

So, all over the internet today there are stories of a researcher who using scientific methods has determined that today is the most depressing day of the year world wide ...

Election jokes aside, he should come to Manitoba ... It's easy to agree that today could be very depressing with the possibility of a Conservative government looming on the horizon ... but right now, as I "pen" these words in west man, the sun is shining and we're experiencing a true chinook, with a warm wind blowing from the west bringing temps above freezing.

How can one be depressed today in West Man???

Sometimes life on the prairies has its benefits ... the sun is shining, the temperature is warm, and life is good ... do we really need any more then that??

My realization over the last five years has been that everything of value in my life are those things I can walk away with - my family, my memory and the relationships that bind us together - nothing else (not the stuff of life, not the jobs and careers, nothing else ...) really matters.

Today the sun is shining ... why be depressed????

No comments: